Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Farm Concert

I was walking down by the rail yard this morning and it was a bright and sunny day. In the distance you could here music playing , so I wonder off in the direction of the music to see what was going on. As I approached the little farm house by the tracks you could see a group of people sitting on benches and in front of them playing was a three piece band. The people sitting were shouting and singing along with them. Everybody seamed to be having a great time. Behind the band sat two older gentlemen playing checkers while their dog slept at there feet. A little girl was just coming down the steps of the house, while her mother was working in the garden. Along side of the house were an old 57 Chev car and a old pickup truck and in front of the pick up truck was a vintage fire truck.

Over in the far corner of the yard were two bulls watching the goings on, in the distance you could here the 3:15 passenger train approaching, I ran down to the fence at the side of the railroad tracks and sat on a large boulder and waited for the train to approach, It didn't disappoint me,for it was a big steam locomotive pulling a baggage car, passenger car and a combine car, as the train passed bye, I waved at the passengers on the train and some waved back to me. Well the train has gone off into the distance and I could here the engine blow for the crossing at Melville. Looking at my watch and realized that it was getting late and I'd better get home for supper, jumping up and beginning to hum " I've been working on the railroad ".I began skipping along the path by the tracks and headed home. Take care see you later.

No comments: